Because of the Covid 19 pandemic, all my lessons are now offered on line through your choice of Zoom or Skype. Please contact me if you are interested.
Paul offers weekly private music lessons for children ages eight and up, teens and adults. Whether you are brand new to your instrument, returning to music after a long absence, or a more experienced musician wanting to fine tune your performance, Paul’s encouraging, student-centred approach will help you have fun while accomplishing your goals.
- Build repertoire
- Improve technique, speed and tone
- Learn to improvise and take solos
- Learn to play by ear and identify chord changes
- Use basic music theory and how it can improve your playing
- Learn to accompany yourself
Paul encourages all his students to participate in his annual spring recital.
On the second Mondays of each month , Paul hosts a jam through the Northern Lights Bluegrass and Old Time Music Society. Jams are currently on hiatus for everyone’s protection due to social distancing requirements
Jam’s are held in Amigos backroom from 7:00-9:00 pm
Playing music is fun! Contact Paul to arrange your first lesson.
With many years of experience teaching and a natural sense of humour, Paul makes lessons fun! Children explore their interests, develop skills, and learn music theory at a pace that suits them.
Music lessons have many benefits: they help children develop confidence and focus, and regular practice develops fine and gross motor skills.
Parents are welcome to sit in on the lessons. Contact Paul to find out more about lessons for children and teens (ages eight and up).
- Improve your ability to use substitution chords, harmonize and improvise melodies
- Develop your repertoire
- Learn how to arrange tunes or songs
- Increase your knowledge of theory, arranging and improvisation
Thanks to timkip.com for the header photo and for the photo of my hand playing.